Each company registered (LLC or Corporation) in Delaware in the United States must pay an annual tax of US$300 (amount for 2021).
The payment of the tax must be made by June 1st of each year. It is important to pay on time, otherwise the amount due will be higher.
If the tax remains unpaid after the due date, a penalty of $200 will be imposed. In addition, an interest rate of 1.5% per month will be applied until the tax and penalty are paid.
And if any balance remains unpaid on June 1, the LLC or Corporation will cease to be in good standing.
1st step: identification of Delaware company
To pay the tax, you must go to the following web address: https://icis.corp.delaware.gov/Ecorp/login.aspx?FilingType=FranchiseTax
- Enter the LLC or Corporation’s Delaware state identification number in the first box and leave the second box blank.
- Click on the button “Continue”.
If you don’t remember the identification number, you can search for it with the link “Search“:
2nd step: new identification of Delaware company
- Re-enter the LLC’s Delaware state corporate ID number in the first box and always leave the second box blank.
- Click on the button “Continue“.
3nd step: Tax Filing Information
At this step, you must verify that all information is correct. It is also at this stage that you will see the taxes and interest to be paid.
- Click on the button “Pay Taxes“.
4th step: payment annual Delaware tax
You can pay either by “credit card” or “ACH Debit”. The credit card payment system is the easiest. Please note that it is not possible to pay the State of Delaware via PayPal, check, bank transfer or Western Union.
You must fill in your credit card information as well as all fields with a red star.
Once you have filled in all the information, click on the “Submit” button.
If your payment is successful, you should see the message “Payment Received and Submitted Successfully“:
You will receive a “Payment Acknowledgement Copy” on the email you entered in the previous step.
It is possible to receive on another email a confirmation of payment by clicking on the “Email confirmation copy” button.
- How to pay the annual tax of a company in Delaware? - 26/04/2021 at 10:46
- Model certificate of refusal of vaccination to free download - 28/03/2021 at 17:56
- Template letter of subordination of loan and continual financial support - 24/03/2021 at 21:52